quote

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.
~Leonardo da Vinci

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Recalling Africa

Lodge in Lobo, Tanzania

Designers tend to have a habit of continually changing their home and updating, whereby, maybe just moving around a few furniture groupings or changing out old photographs with the new-- we must bore easily.  Hmm, no, we are just constantly being inspired!  On my trips I love investigating the styles of that country-- always seeing new color combinations, materials or textures, as I did during my safari to Tanzania a few years ago.  With the simple artwork and artifacts purchased on that trip-- wood bowls, ebony sculptures and wood mosaic pictures, I've created my own African memories at home in a few diverse vignettes around my apartment.



It's easy to be inspired by such beauty as these zebras!

No comments:

Post a Comment