quote

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.
~Leonardo da Vinci

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

EAT + ITALY, Part I


Exterior facade

In Rome for the month of August (and the majority of the summer, for that matter) I have taken refuge in a new construction (i.e. fabulous renovation property) less than a 10 minute walk from my Garbatella apartment.  Taken refuge thanks to the adequate temperature of the air conditioning… but I must say equally because of the wonderful atmosphere… that said, let me edit by adding (between the hours of 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.), before the masses of gente converge in this new world called Eataly. 

In fact I am here this morning, as my trusty Acer posts 10:50 a.m., sitting in the CaffĂ© Vergano, savoring a chocolate croissant and a perfectly cocoa dusted marocchino all while Pavarotti serenades me with Nessun Dorma.  Yes, I am in Italy, but specifically at Eataly.  

View of Caffe' Vergano

Caffe' Vergano bar facade

Vintage designed espresso machine

Chandelier from Luceplan

Eataly signage

Luceplan chandelier

Lait gelato shop

Beautiful wood counter top and millwork

View looking toward the bakery; high stool seating

Bespoke espresso cup chandelier in the Illy bar

Illy espresso cups and saucers

Kartell seating in the pastry shop

Delectable delights at the pastry shop

Carrera marble bar facade at the pastry shop

It is now 12:50 p.m. and I have moved on to a perfectly chilled glass of Bollicine di Prosecco and extra crunchy Kettle chips, all Made in Italy.  More tomorrow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment