quote

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.
~Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, December 24, 2012

Sugar Plum Fairies

Lotus Blue Mosaics from SICIS.

I still remember the holiday event of the year at my childhood school, Tritt Elementary, as we tiny tots put on our own version of The Nutcracker.  I was a Chinese Tea dancer and wore a little white tea pot on my head as I was dressed in an authentic red silk Kimono.  Oh, and just for the production, I got to wear red lipstick and bright blue eye shadow... A dream for me since I would always sneak into my mom's boudoir and try all her makeup!  As much as I did love my costume, I couldn't help but be a little bit jealous of the girls dressed as the Sugar Plum Fairies... First off, they got to wear tutus, in various shades of blues, purples and pinks!  Then, there is the effortless elegance of a ballerina... And also la magia.  

La magia-- the magic-- of those images is still fresh in my mind on this Christmas Eve and it continues to inspire me.  Auguri!  

Mood Board by Jennifer Micocci Interiors.

Marchesa RTW SS 2013 Runway.

Lucrezia Semplice Collection by Antonio Citterio, 2012 for B&B Italia.
Lucrezia Semplice Collection by Antonio Citterio, 2012 for B&B Italia.

Squash Lamp, GLB55 from Porta Romana.

Miu Miu SS 2013 Advertisement.

Cipollino Ondulato Marble from Antolini.



Black on Maroon by Mark Rothko, Tate Modern.


Meritalia sofa and ottoman, Salone del Mobile 2012, Milan.

Arketipo booth, Salone del Mobile 2012, Milan.

Harmony Lilac Mosaics from SICIS.

Pink Onyx from Antolini.

Marais A Side Chair, designed by Xavier Pauchard, 1934. Available from Industry West.

Image from Lonny.com.

Red on Maroon, 1959 by Mark Rothko, Tate Modern.



YSL Manifesto Parfum Advertisement with Jessica Chastain.

Marchesa RTW SS 2013 Runway.

Saint Germain glass chandelier by Giorgia Brusemini for Barrovier & Toso.



YSL Manifesto Parfum Advertisement with Jessica Chastain.

Woody floor lamp by Slamp.



Untitled, 1946-7 by Mark Rothko, Tate Modern.

Cloud shade from Ochre.











No comments:

Post a Comment