quote

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.
~Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Danish Pinecone


Just the other day I was outside on my balcony with a sackful of large pine cones that I (along with my willing and good spirited husband) gathered around the wooded area near the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls.  After letting them sit and dry for a few days I was ready to transform them into my holiday decor, spraying them a shining silver.  

Perusing different design websites as they were drying, I stumbled upon a gorgeous pendant lamp that fit the theme of the day, Pinecone, from a young Danish designer in Copenhagen.  Jonas Lönborg, designer and owner of Hello Sailor, has designed Pinecone and Pinecone Mini (currently in prototype stages and looking for investors) in a series of different materials, working to get the exact look and feel, while producing an adequate light source.  To date, both plywood and acrylic have been used for the pendant trials.  The mirrored acrylic is quite special as well as the soft glow echoed from within the birch plywood... And I eagerly await Lönborg's final version!   









  

No comments:

Post a Comment